Children summer camp “Find yourself“ took place in Ignalina district
A 7-day long camp was organized for 65 participants (39 from Lithuania and 26 from Latvia). The camp was organized for children from socially excluded families. The camp was held in Ignalina district in 2019. August 26 -31. This is the second Lithuanian camp out of the planned 3. As a part of the project “Ignalina and Ignalina and Daugpilis against Poverty and Social Exclusion”, 10 camps were planned to be organized in both Lithuania and Latvia. This project is funded by Interreg V-A Latvia-Lithuania Cross Border Programme 2014-2020.
The main goal of the camp was to provide opportunities for socially excluded children to develop new skills, develop their talents, overcome their fears and thus reduce social tension in both the regions of Ignalina and Daugpilis.
Activities taken during 7 camps:
– sports competitions, group dance classes, talent shows that help children develop teamwork, develop new skills and have fun together;
– talent development activities, including arts, dance, sports and photography.
– one excursion outside the camp – children visited the Old Town of Vilnius.
– Emotional and Emotional Development Program. Games, discussion of feelings.
– evening programs spent together in a meaningful way, sharing the excitement of the day;
The Interreg V-A Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 aims to contribute to the sustainable and cohesive socio-economic development of the Ignalina and Daugavpils regions by helping to make them competitive and attractive for living, working and visiting.
This publication has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Navity of Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Ignalina and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union. You can find more information here: www.latlit.eu; www.europa.eu; #LATLIT