A 7-day long camp was organized for 50 children from socially excluded families. The camp was held in Ignalina on July 17-24, 2018. It is the first camp among 10 others that are planned to be organised in both Lithuania and Latvia as a part of the project „Ignalina and Ignalina and Daugavpils against poverty and social exclusion“. This project is funded by Interreg V-A Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020.
The main focus of the camp was to provide opportunities for socially excluded children to improve themselves by gaining new skills, developing their talents, overcoming their fears and thus to reduce social tensions in both Ignalina and Daugavpils regions.
Activities taken during 7 the camp:
- sport competitions, group dance lessons, talent shows that help children to develop teamwork, build new skills, and have plenty of fun along the way;
- talent development activities including arts, dance, sports and photography.
- one excursion outside of the camp area – children visited Vilnius Old Town.
- specialty programmes including motivational and educational speeches, food preparation and helping to tidy up.
- evening programmes spending time together while sharing impressions of the day;
The camp budget funded by European Regional Development Fund was 9000 Eu.
The Interreg V-A Latvia – Lithuania Cross Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 aims to contribute to the sustainable and cohesive socio-economic development of the Ignalina and Daugavpils regions by helping to make them competitive and attractive for living, working and visiting.
This publication has been produced with the financial assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Navity of Blessed Virgin Mary parish in Ignalina and can under no circumstances be regarded as reflecting the position of the European Union. You can find more information here: www.latlit.eu; www.europa.eu; #LATLIT